Top 5 Whitsunday Must-See’s for Your Next Destination Holiday
Sailing the Whitsunday Islands is a dream for many, and there are numerous stunning places to explore in this beautiful region.
Join us on an unforgettable adventure on Siska where you’ll discover the top 5 must-see destinations when sailing the Whitsunday Islands.
Setting Sail: The Journey Begins
Meet your enthusiastic crew at the Coral Sea Marina | Resort (formerly the Abell Point Marina) at 8 am for a headcount, with departure set for 8:30 am. If you’re feeling energised, lend a hand hoisting the sails; if not, relax and let the gentle breeze guide you across the Whitsunday Passage to Whitsunday Island, where you’ll anchor at the serene Tongue Bay.
Here are the top 5 must-sees when sailing the Whitsunday Islands:
1. Whitehaven Beach: Prepare to be captivated by the breathtaking beauty of Whitehaven Beach. Its pristine white silica sand stretches for 7 kilometres along Whitsunday Island, offering crystal-clear turquoise waters and panoramic views from Hill Inlet Lookout. Whether you climb the driftwood tree, say hello to local marine critters, or search for seashells, this beach is a slice of paradise.
2. Hill Inlet: This iconic location provides some of the most picturesque views of the Whitsundays. Watch in awe as the shifting tide creates a mesmerising blend of colours. It’s a photographer’s dream. Take a guided bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout for that picture-perfect shot of the world-famous Whitehaven Beach.
3. Hook Island: As the second-largest island in the Whitsundays, Hook Island offers outstanding snorkelling and diving opportunities. Explore underwater caves, vibrant coral reefs, and diverse marine life. Maureen’s Cove is a famous snorkelling spot worth exploring.
4. Sunsets: After an exhilarating day of exploration, sail north to another island and anchor just before sunset. Indulge in drinks and pre-dinner snacks as you’re mesmerised by the golden hour, watching the sun dip below the horizon. Engage in lively conversations with new friends under the starlit sky after a delightful dinner.
5. Snorkelling The Reef: Rise early for breakfast and gear up for an adventure beneath the waves. Dive into the fringing coral reefs, where stunning tropical fish and marine life welcome you into their world. If you’re lucky, you might even spot a graceful sea turtle. Morning tea awaits before heading to another location for a swim, snorkel, or beach combing.
Returning Home: Cherishing Memories
After lunch, it’s time to set sail once more and make your way across the Whitsunday Passage, arriving back in Airlie Beach at 4 pm. It’s the perfect time to head to your accommodation, refresh, and perhaps reunite with your new friends for an unforgettable after-party.
- Services of a knowledgeable skipper and crew
- All meals and snacks
- Freshwater, tea, and coffee
- Snorkelling equipment and basic instruction
- Stinger suits for protection
- Bed linen for a comfortable night’s rest
- BYO alcohol and soft drinks (no glass bottles or red wine)
- Bottle shops do not open until 10 AM, so plan accordingly.
- Luggage storage is not available at the marina.
- Please pack in a soft-sided, zipless bag.
- Remember to bring clothes, beach and bath towels, toiletries, a hat, swimwear, sunscreen, a jacket or sweater, camera, sunglasses, and comfortable footwear for island walks.
Spring / Summer Sample Menu
- Arrival: Begin your journey with sliced fruit and juice, tea, or coffee.
- Lunch: Savour a cold noodle salad, tuna salad, cooked meats, garden salad, and wraps. (Vegetarian Option: Falafel/Kofta)
- Afternoon Tea: Delight in a sunset platter with carrot, celery, dips, pickled veggies, and crackers. (V)
- Dinner: Indulge in beef tacos and Mexican rice. (Vegetarian Option: TVP)
- Dessert: Treat yourself to a sponge roll and custard (gluten-free). V: (Vegan fruit cake/coconut yogurt)
- Breakfast: Start your day with cereals, fruit salad, spreads, yogurt, juice, tea, and coffee.
- Lunch: Build your own burgers with burger patties, fried onion, coleslaw, and bread rolls. (Vegetarian Option: Vegetarian Burger Patties)
- Afternoon Tea: Savour lamingtons and fruit salad.
Embrace the adventure, cherish the memories, and let the Whitsunday Islands leave an indelible mark on your heart.
Duration: 2 days & 1 night
Maximum Passengers: 23
Ideal for those looking for: A youthful & social atmosphere