Whitehaven Beach: Voted The Best Beach In The World for 2021
Whitehaven Beach: Voted The Best Beaches In The World for 2021
Whitehaven Beach is the most pristine and beautiful beach in the world (as voted in the ‘2021 Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best Awards for Beaches’ which are based on reviews and opinions from travellers).
It is located on Whitsunday Island, which has also been voted as one of the top islands in the world by Conde Nast Traveller.
What Makes Whitehaven Beach So Special?
The beach was named after Lord Richard White who visited this island back in 1820s. The 98% pure silica white sand contains traces of gold which is framed by stunning idyllic deep turquoise waters are thanks to the limestone shelf that runs from Whitehaven Beach out into the sea. Fringed by tropical reefs and lush tropical rainforest, it is one of the most photographed beaches in the world.
Things To Do At Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet in the north contains the world-famous lookout. Walk for ten-minute steady up the hill and be rewarded with the most breath-taking views of the inlet and the swirling sands. Stroll along each of the three viewing platforms and take that perfect Instagram photo, you can share with friends and family. Enjoy the walk along the boardwalk to Betty’s Beach; there, you can go for a swim and get up close with baby lemon sharks and rays as they cruise along the shallow water.
- The Southern end of Whitehaven Beach offers a range of irresistible activities for you to enjoy. It’s the perfect place to go paddleboarding. The calm and sheltered waters allow you to try paddleboarding straight off the beach. Once you get the hang of it, you can paddle parallel to the beach in the shallow water. It’s not too far to get back to the beach and start again when you eventually fall off. For more experience paddleboard riders, the Southern End allows you to explore further.
- Sunbaking is a viral activity, especially on the nearly pure silica sand. The sand is extremely fine and brilliant white. This means that it doesn’t heat up and burn during the hottest hours of the day. You can comfortably walk on it at all times. One fun thing to do is to clean your jewellery in the sand. Its pure quartz material combined with the seawater enables you to polish your favourite ring or chain with just a little scrub. Watch it shine in the sunlight.
- Swim in the tranquil turquoise water, which is warm all year round. Walk-in from the beach and submerge yourself in the water. Lie back and enjoy or go for a relaxing swim. Or join our Swim The Whitsundays tour for a unique experience.
- Go exploring. The southern end offers a range of lookouts and walks to compliment your day on the water.
- Play ball games, read a book, make sandcastles and all those regular beach activities.
How To Get There
If you’re staying on land and you want to just take a day trip to this amazing place, we recommend taking our Whitsunday Bullet day tour, however if you’re looking for a whitsundays holiday package our overnight or multi-day Private Charters offer plenty of ways to immerse yourself in the natural beauty around you making the most of what the Whitsunday Islands.
Best Time Of Year To Visit
The Whitsundays weather in Summer is always the most diverse. Summer is our wet season. In January, February and March, our rainfall can be up to 600-700 mm’s. While that sounds a lot, it’s essential to know that often the rain falls at sunrise for around one or two hours. It can also get very hot.
The Whitsunday weather in winter is simply amazing! Dry, warm with blue skies. Whales are frolicking in the warm winter waters off the islands. Winter is a great time to enjoy the Whitsundays at its best.
You can learn more about the weather and the best time to visit here.
An ideal destination for anyone looking to relax and escape life’s everyday stresses, when you think about the Whitsunday’s you may just think of Whitehaven Beach. However, there is so much more to see when you visit the Whitsunday Islands apart from its famous insta-worth white sand beach. Discover the 8 Things You Must See, many are only accessible by boat.
When you’re ready to come and visit the best beach in the world, our reservations team can answer all of your questions.
We can arrange airport transfers to/from your accommodation or the marina, taking the pressure off your shoulders or simply fly in and walk directly onto one of our Private Charters.
Our team is ready to go through every detail to make sure your Whitsundays holiday is the most unforgettable experience you’ll ever have. Contact us on (07) 4967 7555 or email [email protected]